TASK: Within the technological process regarding filtering of the drilling mud and feeding it to the filter in the drilling rig, the Customer requested a screw pump to replace the existing Seepex BN 17-24 single screw pump unit with following parameters: working pressure 12-24 bar, capacity from 2 to 17 m3/h.
The main condition of the customer is integration of SOLTEC ® pump unit with an already available motor-variator from the old Seepex pump.
SOLUTION: Specialists of SOLTEC ® have designed and manufactured a horizontal single-screw progressing cavity pump BN063S04HY with a capacity ranging from 2 to 20 m3/h.
The flowing part of the pump unit is made of materials resistant to drilling muds with abrasive particles. All connecting dimensions were calculated and matched to the landing dimensions of the Seepex pump.
Basic Characteristics of Screw Pumping Unit BN063S04HY:
- Pump type - horizontal progressing cavity single-screw pump
- The material of the flowing part is steel 20 with a protective coating
- The material of the Rotor/Screw is 40X13 thermo-processed steel
- The material of the Stator is abrasion resistant rubber
- Maximum outlet pressure - up to 24 bar
- Capacity - from 2 to 20 m3 / h
- Seal type of the drive shaft - single mechanical
- The pump is made on a base plate.